
SAN JUAN – ALAC & Regional Leaders: Wrap-Up Session, Part 2
Thursday, March 15, 2018 – 10:30 to 12:00 AST
ICANN61 | San Juan, Puerto Rico

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is the ICANN61 ALAC and Regional Leaders Wrap-Up Session Part 2 on the 15th of March, 2018 from 10:30 to 12:00 p.m. in Room 102-ABC.

ALAN GREENBERG: I'll note it's one minute before the half hour when we're supposed to start. Can we try to gather people into the room? May I have a report from staff on whether we have all regions other than LACRALO represented here? And do we have quorum? Assuming we have at least one LACRALO person, will we have quorum? And how many ALAC members do we have currently? How many do we have currently? I can add LACRALO to that. Thank you, Sébastien.

I'd like to call this meeting to an order. Can we start the recording please? As long as it's more than eight, or eight or more, we are okay. Can I have confirmation the recording has started?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

Note: The following is the output resulting from transcribing an audio file into a word/text document. Although the transcription is largely accurate, in some cases may be incomplete or inaccurate due to inaudible passages and grammatical corrections. It is posted as an aid to the original audio file, but should not be treated as an authoritative record.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. Welcome to the second wrap-up session which I believe is Session #13 of the ALAC and regional leaders. We have a rather packed agenda, so we will be restricting people's comments severely. The first item is ALAC actions. There are two votes to be taken today, and a notice of future actions that we'll talk about in a moment.

The first one is the confirmation of the statements submitted on the Fiscal Year '19 Budget and Operational Plan. I trust all of you have seen it. I haven't heard any negative comments on it, but we need to formally ratify it. Is there any discussion? Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I want to move this proposal, and I want to thank the one who wrote it. I think it's a very good statement [inaudible]. The idea in question we raised during different discussion on the topic. Well done.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Any further discussion? Then I'd like to call the vote. We have a discussion item. Olivier, go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I just wanted to make sure – and I’m sorry, I haven’t had a chance to read this, but if you could confirm that the input from the RALOs regarding CROP have been included in the comment or have been at least taken into account in the comment.

ALAN GREENBERG: I cannot speak to whether every word in the statement was included. There was a strong statement about the discontinuation of CROP and the fact that it was done invisibly. There was a strong statement about the ABRs being cut in half and a lack of clarity as to exactly how much it was cut because the cut in half did not match the only numbers that were actually listed in the budget. And we noted the GSE funds were also cut. I’m not sure if that maps to exactly what the RALO said. There was a long statement which was not going to be incorporated verbatim. If there’s any concern over that, I would have hoped someone would have raised it already. I haven’t heard one.

Go ahead, Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I just wanted to thank Daniel Nanghaka for coordinating the input from the RALOs on this. So thank you, Daniel.

ALAN GREENBERG: Any further discussion? Then I'd like to call the question, is there anyone who would like to abstain from this vote? Is there anyone who would like to vote against it? Could we have a show of hands and keep them up for those ALAC members – and only ALAC members – who are voting for it? And I was requested that LACRALO be here. Are all of our LACRALO Councilors here?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I will call them out. We have Seun, Ricardo, Tijani, Sébastien, John, Alberto, Maureen, Bartlet, Andrei, Alan, Bastiaan, Holly, Hadia, Javier, and Kaili. Keep your hands up so we can count them, please. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen. Thank you.

The next item on the agenda is the appointment of Barrack Otieno as the ALAC liaison to the ccNSO. This was initiated with

a long process of selection of candidates. From among the candidates, one person was selected to act as a shadow for Maureen as ccNSO liaison with the intent of by this meeting appointing him formally. We have complete support from the ccNSO. And Maureen, can you confirm that in your mind, he is ready to assume this responsibility? Maureen nods her head yes. For the record, it's Alan Greenberg speaking and Maureen nodding her head.

MAUREEN HILYARD: I can confirm, and it has been a long process. And I know that he had a meeting this morning and he was going to be rushing here, but I'm not quite sure if he's going to be able to make it. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Is there any discussion? There is no discussion. I'd like to call the vote. Is there anyone who would like to abstain? Is there anyone who would like to vote against the appointment? We have a show of cards or hands for those who are supporting the appointment. We have 15 cards up. I think we can figure out who they are.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Maybe. Maybe not.

ALAN GREENBERG:

You're right, maybe not. But I would like to think we can. There is a page on the web that lists all ALAC members. I think it is accurate. It was last time I looked at it. Thank you to those from LACRALO who took the time out to do this. Over the next week – and perhaps the LACRALO people can stay here for another 10 seconds. Yes.

Over the next week, we really have to come to closure on a statement, and hopefully a meaningful statement on the current GDPR proposed plan and on the key rollover. I think these are both major examples of things that will impact users, and if we are silent, we are sending a message. And hopefully we can actually come to closure and simply not say, “We don't know.” That may be the valid answer, but that we are divided. But it would be nice if we at least can have a substantive discussion. We don't have the benefit of a face-to-face for doing it, so please, don't disappear from your computer for the next week. It's an important week. Thank you for the LACRALO people who are staying. Thank you.

The next item on our agenda is report from – oops. We have someone who would like to do Any Other Business before we get to Any Other Business. John Laprise.

JOHN LAPRISE:

And this is actually to Alan’s last point on the KSK rollover. I am not the penholder listed in the KSK rollover workspace for that comment. However, in the discussion thread, I’ve put out a draft statement which has been receiving lots of comments, and I’m going back and reediting that. And that’s in light of the discussions and information we’ve received at this ICANN meeting.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I will take a chair’s executive action – which I have no right to take according to our rules – and I believe that as a statement from the ALAC – although Lutz did volunteer originally to write that statement, I believe the statement must come from the ALAC. And I feel pretty strongly. So Lutz is a very competent person and has contributed a lot, including even the last day or so, and I think we need to take his input into account, but I really believe this needs to be a statement of the ALAC. And I’ll tell that to Lutz privately, but I really think we have to go forward, and this is something we need to own. Even if it is, “We are divided,” we need to own it. Thank you. Any further comments before we go on with the agenda?

The next item on the agenda is report from liaisons. I know Andrei has to leave, so I’m going to call upon Andrei first.

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV: Thank you, Alan. I do short overview of the items and subjects being discussed in SSAC. There are a few. I'll start with NCAP, the Name Collision Analysis Project working party. It is sustainable, constant movement over the subject, and it's not an easy one because SSAC is a stakeholder group, it's not operational body, it's not a company who does IT consulting. That's why the subject being moved on and there are many activities regarding this.

The second one is very interesting and familiar for all ALAC members, it's SSAC review. Work party we had a meeting with MSSSI, and SSAC is at the beginning of the process, so members of SSAC will be interviewed and their opinions and words will put together by the MSSSI guys. So it's just a beginning.

Another thing is WHOIS rate limiting. This is an issue because the WHOIS servers – I'm talking WHOIS service Port 43, not the websites – do have a rate limit, and there is a research going on right now. I think the results will be available [shortly] on how WHOIS services behave. Some of them rate limit by time, IP address, etc. And SSAC is realizing that access to the WHOIS – to the appropriate users of course – is very important, and this subject being up in the air for two days.

Another project is IoT Work Party. Well, creating IoT Work Party, Internet of Things Work Party. And it has certain limits because

we're talking about Internet of Things with broadband connection and TCP/IP connection because there are thousands of different models, most of them not connected to the Internet. But we're talking about the broadband things which directly connect to the Internet and can be a source for DDoS attacks.

Another topic was brilliantly delivered to the ccNSO is emoji, so dealing with Unicode and using emojis as domain names. Of course, the topic of interest is KSK rollover, and there was a lot of talks among all the stakeholders, all the groups, SOs, ACs. So that's another thing.

And one practical thing which I would like to propose for a future meeting, in Panama probably, is to have a short session like compress and dense session for the ALAC, At-Large regional guys about the DNSSEC, because currently, the DNSSEC has a long time has a part in the schedule of ICANN meetings, but it's not compressed, it's not dense. It's mostly for the people who are really trying to get a lot of details in the DNSSEC. But what I really realized that in order to have a conscious understanding of the problem, some of the intro, very basic intro compressed in one session is required. So I may propose for the next ICANN meeting to have this little embedded session into the ALAC schedule. That's basically it. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

Thank you. A question for the group. How many people around this table today – which is roughly the group Andrei is talking about – feel they have a really good understanding of what DNSSEC is, and at least rudimentary understanding of how it works? Because that was almost implicit in our discussion of the rollover, but we actually didn't ask the question to begin with. How many people here feel comfortable saying they really understand what DNSSEC is, and to some extent how it works?

Okay, it's barely half. I think that session is a good idea. Gisella, can you make a note that we make sure we include it in our discussion of possible sessions at Panama? Panama, as you know, is a short meeting, and we're going to be pressed to do everything we want to do there. But I think that's a good idea. So partly, that comes down to if we're going to make a decision sometime in the future on KSK rollover, it would be nice if the people contributing knew what we're talking about.

And that's not a derogatory comment. You don't need to know the mechanism to understand the implications of it. So it's not as if we need to all be technical experts, but it does help. And it certainly focuses the discussion on things that are actually possible as opposed to things we would like to do if we had designed it differently, which we didn't. We have a speaker queue of Tijani and Sébastien. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Thank you very much. I would like to ask you, Andrei, what is the position? Is there an official and final position of the SSAC about the KSK rollover?

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV: No. Because SSAC operates in a certain framework, they must be formally asked for the position and for the comment. So SSAC by itself is not generating recommendations or positions unless it is some emergency.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, thank you. Two points. The first one, maybe it could be a good idea that ALAC requests the SSAC report on that. Why to wait the board for that?

And the second point is maybe for your proposal, Andrei, I would like to suggest that we do a webinar about DNSSEC before. Like that, we will be able to discuss the issue and not to learn about the issue when we will meet face-to-face. I think we need to take into account better our time and to be better prepared when coming for a meeting. That's my two points. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Sébastien. I would ask you or anyone, our participation in webinars and these kinds of things, although it's not bad, is not great when you compare it to the number of people who are in this room right now. It's not the discussion for Andrei's liaison report, but it is a discussion I think for how do we get people to participate more. And I'd like to put that on the agenda for some future meeting. And again, I ask staff to take note of that.

HOLLY RAICHE: I think if we're asking –

ALAN GREENBERG: We are not discussing it now.

HOLLY RAICHE: The first thing I'd say is offer two time zones to do it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Holly, we know that. We have a speaker queue of Seun, Olivier, Hadia, and John I believe are the only ones. Seun. [inaudible]

SEUN OJEDEJI. Sébastien has made my point.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I just wanted to add to what Sébastien was saying with regards to the ALAC being able to request or ask the SSAC for a report on this topic of KSK rollover. There is actually a history of this where the ALAC – the SSAC is not able to push whatever paper it has written politically in any forum or anything. It writes the advice and then it's out there. If you take it, you take it. If you leave it, you leave it.

In the past, the ALAC has issued a statement to emphasize the problem with .home and – what was it? Dot something.

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV. .corp, .home.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: .corp, there you go. So we did write one of these, and that actually got the whole process to restart again and to move forward, because it was stalled for a while and the board had kind of put this aside. So we have been told in the past by the SSAC Chair that if we want the SSAC to do something, we can

ask it to do it. And I believe it is in our bylaws to be able to do something like that. That's all. Thanks.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. If we're going to ask the SSAC – could you turn your microphone off? Because we have a problem. If we're going to ask the SSAC to do something, we have to ask specific.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: And if someone would like to draft something and make that suggestion, we certainly can do that. I have Hadia next.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Yes, I just wanted to second Sébastien's suggestion that we ask actually the SSAC for their advice on the KSK rollover if the board hasn't asked them. Because I'm surprised that the board actually don't ask for their advice. But if we can actually do that, then yes, I do support it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I believe it was Olivier who suggested [not to do such].

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV I can put two cents into it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Andrei, please go ahead.

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV When the board asks something, it's a resolution of the board. It requires a formal meeting and the schedule, the points. So it's not like they, "Okay, let's ask." They have to make a decision, and it's strictly connected to their schedule of their meetings. So [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: There is a meeting this afternoon. They may do it. We'll find out.

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV: [Thank you. We don't know.]

ALAN GREENBERG: We have John.

JOHN LAPRISE: I want to make two points. First of all to the question of the webinars, prior to this session was the session on capacity

building, and a DNSSEC lesson in that platform would be perfect because that would cover everyone whenever to get a baseline of information.

Secondly, with respect to SSAC advice to the board, there have actually been two prior SSAC advices on KSK rollover, SSAC063 and 073. Those were referred to the board, the board directed ICANN Org to take action. We do not know the results of ICANN Org's actions on that. We don't know what their follow through, just that the board directed them to do things, and I haven't received any information on what the outcome was on that. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Andrei?

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV: I can say that SSAC is pretty much saying thank you to the ICANN Org because they did a lot of work. They follow the problem. But still, there are a lot of things to do. But all we can say is that ICANN staff is really into this thing.

ALAN GREENBERG: Okay. We have Tijani, and Tijani will be the last speaker. We do have to move on.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Only an information. I asked to add it after Sébastien. Since there is a proposal for a webinar, it is already programmed in our capacity building working group webinar about DNSSEC.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. I'd like to thank Andrei. I must admit, I've known Andrei for a while in a number of different venues. I've never seen him so happy. So I think we did a good job.

ANDREI KOLESNIKOV: Thank you all. And this is also because of yesterday we had a great time. That's definitely.

HOLLY RAICHE: Yes, true.

ALAN GREENBERG: I couldn't make it, but so I'm told. And we'll move on to our next one. Maureen, do you have anything to report? Thank you, Andrei, and you're excused if you have to go back to an SSAC activity.

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Thank you, Alan. I guess I should sort of [give] some kind of report seeing as it's the end of five years as liaison to the ccNSO. And a letter that I wrote to Katrina, I was reminded of the fact that at my very first meeting with the ccNSO, I was actually put onto a study group on the use of names for countries and territories. So that is a topic that we're still discussing now. So nothing much [inaudible] since then.

But that was actually a study that they were doing in conjunction with the UN, so that didn't actually sort of – that was winding up as I joined. And then was put into – just to keep me up to speed with the sorts of things they were doing, I was put on to the Freedom of Interpretation Working Group which had already been sort of in place for about the last three or four years or something, and I stayed on it for another two years before it actually sort of got completed.

But I think one of the things that actually did demonstrate was not only the formal structures that they have within the ccNSO but also the intricacies of their policy development process. And I really got to appreciate the length of time that it took to actually gain any sort of consensus on issues of importance when they were developing policies. But they have formal policy development committees which actually look at the – and then they bring it to the members.

And of course, the members really only meet at the ICANN meetings, so the way in which they do things is a lot different, but I really got to appreciate that. But I do have to thank Cheryl and Keith Davidson from Internet NZ at the time who sort of encouraged me to participate in the ccNSO. And of course, it was before I became involved in the ALAC, so I got to know the ccNSO before I got to know the ALAC, really. And I really did get to make a lot of friends within the system, and I sort of almost miss them a bit. But I'll make some friends here. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG:

You mean now that you're giving them up, you'll actually talk to us. Anything to report on actions or activity within the ccNSO this week?

MAUREEN HILYARD:

Unfortunately, my time has been taken. The only thing I attended for the ccNSO this week was my final council meeting. And because the Finance took up all my time, so I was hoping that Barrack would have finished those meetings so he could actually explain what was on top for them. So it's just been such a busy week with the Finance Committee sort of like taken up all my ccNSO time.

ALAN GREENBERG: We'll take a queue on Maureen's. Christopher.

CHRISTOPHER WILKINSON. Thank you, Alan. Thank you, Maureen. In that context, I'd just like to note that Javier and I would like to animate a small panel to, first of all, exchange information about the development of the debate on geographical terms in ICANN and to outline the main parameters of users' interests in this field. It's going to become quite an active area of interest, and I think it affects our members at the ground level, so it would be necessary at some juncture to consult the ALS. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Any further comments, questions, issues? Seeing none, we'll go on to the GAC and Yrjö Lansipuro.

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: Thank you. We had a joint GAC/ALAC meeting on Tuesday. It clashed with another meeting about FY19, so not so many At-Large/ALAC people were there. But anyway, we compared notes on geographic names and GDPR. We came a step closer to actual cooperation on capacity building in underserved regions. We discussed a follow-up to our joint statement about how to make the information emanating from ICANN more understandable.

And on that, by the way, it seems that our statement has not been perhaps correctly understood by the board, because at least Manal said that they were asking what kind of information you need in addition to what you're already getting. And of course, the idea is not to get more information but information in a better form. And Manal I think mentioned that you might send a joint letter to the board on that.

Finally, under the AOB, Alan mentioned KSK which was probably news for most GAC or at least some GAC representatives and made them a little bit scared. The GAC had 59 members here in Puerto Rico, there are 179 GAC members actually in the world. It's amazing that almost all governments are members, and there is some concern that so few GAC representatives actually come to these physical meetings.

There's also another sort of revelation, at least I guess for us, but it was mentioned that most of the GAC representatives are new, and the turnover is very fast. So there is really a capacity building problem in the GAC, not only for those coming from so-called underserved nations. And yes, the GAC communiqué is coming out this afternoon. There are two pieces of advice. One about the IGO abbreviations and the other is about the GDPR.

On IGO abbreviations, the idea is that the IGOs – intergovernmental organizations – should have right to register

their abbreviation on the second level, and that's of course an interesting question because many of those abbreviations consist of two letters.

On the GDPR, that is of course controversial within the GAC also because government is – as we all know, they have elements that prioritize the sort of police-type work and want to know everything, WHOIS-type. And then the other sort of clan which is more into the data protection.

There are a couple of points in the communiqué, in this advice about GDPR. They regret that the registrants will be able to hide – as they say – their sort of information. And the other thing is that GAC doesn't want any operational role in the accreditation business.

Yes, one more thing. There is a change in the leadership. One of the Vice Chairs, Ambassador Maria Milagros from Peru is going to – or has resigned, and there will be new elections for the vice chair.

The GAC independent secretariat is funded until January next year, and probably funding will be found again, but this present Australian entity, ACIG, Tom Dale said that they are not going to continue under any circumstances, so again, the GAC needs to find a new secretariat. This is also a problem because obviously,

it takes time for any outside organization to get really deep into the GAC business and ICANN business. I'll stop here. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. So far, we have a queue of myself and Hadia. Yrjö, I've heard two numbers. I've heard that this year, there has been 100 people turned over in the GAC, and I've also heard 38% or 30-something percent. Those numbers don't match. Is it because we have multiple people per delegation, or am I hearing wrong numbers?

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: I think that 59 – if I understood correctly, the 59 is the number of countries represented, countries or international organizations. And then the bigger number, whatever it is, is the number of actual people here.

ALAN GREENBERG: You said there's only 79 or 70-something countries represented here. Is that a typical number? I thought we were doing much higher than that at most meetings.

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: That's less than we had in Abu Dhabi. There was actually some discussion about that in one of the GAC sessions, and then that

was related to possible visa problems and cost of traveling. And of course, I think that ICANN is funding 40 GAC reps to these meetings. And of course, they would like to get more. There are many governments in the world for whom this travel cost to all these meetings is a big one.

ALAN GREENBERG: Last question. You said the GAC needs to get funding for the secretariat. Who is funding it now?

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: It's several countries, and also, I guess European Union, but it's basically coming from [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: So it's contributions, not coming from ICANN proper. Next, we have Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: So you mentioned that the GAC actually don't want an operational role with regard to the GDPR. However, it has been pointed out that what is requested from the GAC with regard to the code of conduct and the accreditation process is not actually an operational role. So where does the GAC actually stand on this? And my other question is with regard to the GAC

secretariat. Is it foreseen that they use ICANN staff members for that?

YRJÖ LANSIPURO:

On the accreditation, we will find in the communiqué the actual formulation how they said, but basically, they don't want to have an operational role means that they don't want to be part of a process whereby these lists are made and somehow having responsibility for that. But of course, they are willing to sort of relay information back and forth – that is to say to the governments – and probably also participate in the drafting of the code of conduct. But as I said, the final – this was one of the controversial points, so we'll find that in the communiqué.

ICANN's role in this secretariat business, it had been discussed as long as I remember, and I was a GAC member a long time ago. And there are always governments that don't want ICANN to have too much role in preparing material for them. What we have now is a hybrid model I would say because obviously, ICANN – Rob Hoggarth who is now the GAC person in ICANN liaising with the GAC, so he's part of these preparations. But there are many governments that value this sort of independent secretariat.

ALAN GREENBERG: Javier? Did Javier not raise his card?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: You've given it up. Abdeldjalil.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: Thank you very much. I have a little information. Yesterday I did participate in an informal meeting with the Francophonie, the French-speaking people and Vice President of the GAC, so there's going to be an information meeting that is going to take place for capacity building for GAC members, French speakers. It's going to happen for those French speakers at the summit that's going to take place in the [GAC] Senegal, the Worldwide Internet Summit where they talk about ICANN and the GAC. So this is going to be something that I wanted to let you know about.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: The capacity building will happen on 5-6 May.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you for that report. Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I'm a little alarmed by the low turnout of GAC members. I think that the total number of GAC members exceeds 100 if I get this correctly –

ALAN GREENBERG: 170-something.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: 170-something. So is there a quorum for attendance if the GAC needs to write communiqués and things? Because if there are only 70 people, that's less than half of the total number of members.

ALAN GREENBERG: 70-something countries were here, not necessarily people.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Okay, yes, but there are 140 countries you said that were on the GAC. I don't know.

ALAN GREENBERG: Continue your comment and let Yrjö answer.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That's all. That was my question.

ALAN GREENBERG: Yrjö?

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: Yes. As I said, 179 countries are members of the GAC, and obviously, many countries have several people who come to these meetings. But of the 179 countries, only 59 are represented here. And we have these final numbers of in the communiqué.

ALAN GREENBERG: And of course when we say countries, it means countries, territories or organizations represented such as the EU, I presume.

YRJÖ LANSIPURO: Yes. It's territories, yes. For instance, the famous case of Taiwan being there, sitting next to China. This is by the way the reason why the GAC doesn't have nameplates.

ALAN GREENBERG: Interesting. Anyone further with questions for our GAC liaison?

I think the GAC has a significant problem with turnover just as we do, but since the people who represent countries in the GAC are at the sole discretion of those countries, people can change at any time. And to some extent, the first we know about them is when they show up and self-identify themselves as from a country. That makes training and getting people up to speed really difficult, and as – I’ll quote Olivier unless you’re planning to quote it yourself – overheard someone in the middle of the week asking, “What is the GNSO?” And that’s really problematic. On the other hand, it’s not clear how we can fix it. Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. So the ALAC has developed an excellent stakeholder analysis tool that provides details of members of the GAC, members of the ccNSO, GNSO, etc. And that also includes all of the Fellows that have now slotted themselves into different component parts of ICANN.

In the past, we have had some moments when our members in our At-Large structures in our respective countries have gone to their respective governments – I’m saying here governments, not GAC members – especially when it was down to the new gTLD, an explanation of the new gTLD applications, etc., and have – what word should I use – promoted, have advertised, have been in contact with the representatives to push for action

locally. I'm rather concerned about the low turnout from on GAC, and I wonder if we might ask our ALSes to – and those that have contacts in their respective governments – to find out what's happened.

ALAN GREENBERG: We have Sébastien. I think Hadia put up her card. We are way over time. I'd like to ask for timers to be used on a one-minute timer for the rest of this meeting unless we run out of queues. Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: Yes, two points. Thank you very much. For the ALS to meet their government is a very good idea. But let's be careful, let's not compare what is not comparable. GAC is trying to do with each meeting an ATLAS meeting which is not financed. For us, we need to finance our ATLAS meetings. That's very different and very different goals.

ALAN GREENBERG: Hadia.

HADIA ELMINIAWI: Just a quick comment that actually, I think of the capacity building for the GAC, it's quite different because GAC

representatives are sort of their country's responsibility. So if you have a country sending in a GAC member that doesn't actually know what GNSO is, that's a poor decision from the side of this country. So yes, it is important, but I don't think of it as important as capacity building in other committees and organization, because after all, they are the responsibility of their countries and they represent those countries. Poor representation reflects directly on the country.

ALAN GREENBERG: Discussion of what the GAC should be doing really is not something that we have a lot of effect on, so I'd prefer to keep that to a limit. Abdeldjalil.

ABDELDJALIL BACHAR BONG: I would like to give you a detail. In Chad, we work with our ALS. We work very well with [inaudible] and we work together well. So for instance, if the ministry changes, we work with our government. We have a good relationship with them, and there is a lot of follow-up with an ALS. We work together. I talk to them and they know the ecosystem, and [work] the focal point of the GAC, we do collaborate well. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you very much. And clearly something which we'd like to see replicated in other countries. Evin or whoever, can you read into the record Cheryl's report? She could not be with us at the moment.

EVIN ERDOGDU: Thank you, Alan. This is Evin on behalf of Cheryl for the record. She says, "Discussed with the GNSO Council at ICANN61 were a range of topics that included SSR2, appointment of a facilitator subject to the input from RT members, planning for ICANN62, CSC, the Consumer Standing Committee, and IFR, IANA Function Review working with the ccNSO as a small team to further this matter, the board request regarding emojis, the appointment of a new gTLD liaison to the new gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG, the consolidation of the subpro RPM timelines, GNSO review of the GAC communiqué, PDP 3.0, a new look at how to best run effective and efficient PDPs, timing of reviews and if and how modifications can be made to that timing to avoid having too many at once, and finally, board process for GAC advice. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Cheryl's not here to answer anything, but if we'd like to put any questions on the record for her, I'm sure she'll answer them remotely, or at least electronically. Olivier.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. Olivier Crépin-Leblond speaking and here as a Co-Chair of the Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance. I'm getting mixed messages from the GNSO from various channels regarding the motion that the GNSO withdraws from the Cross-Community Working Group on Internet Governance. On the one hand, I'm told that there doesn't appear to be any specific motion present for this meeting, and I'm not quite sure whether this is the case, but it's certainly not mentioned in Cheryl Langdon-Orr's message. But at the same time, I was also told by the Co-Chair coming from the GNSO that this was probably his last official appointment for the GNSO and he said goodbye. So I'm not quite sure whether that group is going to continue or not, or at least will continue to have the GNSO on it. I'm not sure – well, Cheryl isn't here so we can't have clarification.

ALAN GREENBERG: Olivier, my understanding was that the draft charter of the new Cross-Community Group on Internet Governance not under that name was going to be reviewed by the GNSO for further comment before it went to the other ACs and SOs. Have you gotten any comments back, or do you expect them at this point?

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. I've received nothing so far. Nothing official.

ALAN GREENBERG: Then can staff take a note to ask Cheryl, was that draft charter discussed at all? And if so, what was the result? And that was the draft charter on the Cross-Community –

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Engagement Group.

ALAN GREENBERG: Engagement Group. Thank you. I keep on slipping from my mind. Any further comments, questions on the GNSO? And that brings our reports for liaisons to the end.

Next item on the agenda is report from RALO leaders. Would any are also like to report on activity or status? I note that we were supposed to have spent 30 minutes on the first agenda items and we are now 54 minutes into the meeting. So instead of an hour left, we now have 36 minutes left for the rest of the meeting. So I do ask, unfortunately, people to be moderately brief. We will not use the one-minute timer for this, but we will ask people to try to be brief. Thank you.

Any RALO leaders would like to say anything? Satish, please go ahead.

SATISH BABU:

Thank you, Alan. This is a very brief report about APRALO. We had our GA at Abu Dhabi, the last ICANN meeting. We had multiple outreach events including APRIGF which is supported by GSE, ISOC regional meeting, CROP, APRICOT CROP and self-supported, and we plan two trips more to Bangkok and Vietnam which are countries where we do not have a presence. As a result of the CROP trip, we have been able to get an applicant from ISOC Indonesia, which was a country that was not earlier in APRALO.

We have launched a newsletter and we have had pretty good response for the newsletter. Our partnerships with APNIC, dotAsia, APTLD are continuing. The next regional IGF in Asia Pacific is in Vanuatu in Pacific, and we are looking forward to participating, although the situation with CROP is still very unclear.

And finally, a bit of good news that has just come out 20 minutes back. Our Vice Chair, Lianna Galstyan has been appointed onto the IGF MAG.

ALAN GREENBERG: But she is staying on as vice chair. Any questions or comments for Satish? Thank you, Satish, for not only the information but for the brevity. Tijani.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: On the same, I'd like also to announce that Wafa Dahmani has been selected for the IGF MAG.

ALAN GREENBERG: I see no further hands for Satish.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: Oh. Sorry, I don't know who you're pointing to.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: [inaudible]

ALAN GREENBERG: Sarah, if you have any comments, please go ahead.

SARAH KIDEN: This is for our RALO report. That's why my hand is up.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Would anyone from AFRALO like to give a report?

SARAH KIDEN: Yes, Alan. So from the Abu Dhabi meeting, we've had a few activities and engagements. We used the CROP funding to attend the AFRINIC meeting. Daniel went to the AFRNIC meeting. We also represented at the North Africa IGF and the Africa IGF. Tijani attended, and in all the activities, they were speaking at the opening ceremony and running different workshops.

We had our RALO meeting yesterday because we couldn't have it as people would be traveling, and we discussed the hot topics and we've also started to discuss decertification and performance metrics. Then I'd also like to announce that we have our first individual member in AFRALO who is in the room with us, Abdulkarim. We hope this grows. In my culture, usually they say if you're the first, you either bring good luck or bad luck. So I hope he brings good luck.

ALAN GREENBERG: There is no question which it is.

SARAH KIDEN: Yes. That is it from AFRALO. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Sarah. I like this new trend of actual brevity. Tijani, please go ahead.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA: Just to say that for the individual members, we are faced with a problem that most of the applicants are already members of ALSes. And this is a problem for us. We tried to tell them they are already member, they can contribute, they can even be appointed by their first contact to even vote in the name of the ALS. So that's why we have only one now, but we had a lot of applications. All of them were members of other ALSes. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. May I make a suggestion? There has been concern in the past about if an individual member is also a member of an ALS. That is a conflict because they're double voting or something. If a RALO were to set a rule saying there is no prohibition about a member of an ALS being an individual member as long as they do not participate in any decision-making process in that ALS, I don't think anyone would complain. I may be wrong. I wouldn't complain.

And if that is a way of getting – if people feel more comfortable being really active because they can say they’re a member as opposed to simply be a member of another organization, I encourage it. Anything we can get to get more people really active I think we need. But NARALO, for instance, has a rule saying if you’re a member of an ALS, even if you don’t know that that ALS – if you’re a member of an organization that is an ALS, even if you don’t know that they’re an ALS – as has been often – we’ve had similar cases, I think we could change that rule if we wanted to. Each RALO has that choice. I think there would be complaints if there were double voting, but one can fix that different ways.

TIJANI BEN JEMAA:

If I go in this direction, this will make all the ALSes individual members which are the first contact. Because the other members will come and be individual members. So we will be in the plan of ITEMS. We will do exactly what they want.

ALAN GREENBERG:

I don’t mind doing what they want if it actually worked. I think our target is to get involved people. Ultimately, ALSes do not participate in policy. Their people do. And if we can get lots of them, fine. If we can’t, then we need to look at other ways. I

really think we need to not let the philosophy get in the way of actually getting people involved. Judith.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN. In NARALO, we just completed a new rules and procedures that we adopted, and I think we had a discussion there, but people were of the mind that individuals are individuals. What we did discuss is that an ALS can have more than two or three active members, and if they wanted to become active in their ALS, we can get them be active in their ALS but we chose not to make people individuals who are active, because one is the thing is that if they didn't even know that their organization was an ALS, how is it that they're going to be active as an individual? It's likely that they won't be active as an individual because they had no idea even that the organization that they were not active in was an ALS, or they were [inaudible].

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. This is not a discussion on individual members, this was just – I made a brief comment. I didn't intend to start a debate on the issue. Just pointing out that if a RALO has a problem, the RALO needs to think about how to address that problem. Today, it's not an ALAC problem. It may become an ALAC problem if we decide to generalize some rules, but that is not our case today. Sébastien.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I think it's a very good topic, but maybe it's not the best place and the right time to do it. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: I support that. Any further questions, comments for Sarah? Do we have any other RALOs that would like to make a comment or a report? Olivier, please go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: Thank you very much, Alan. And since the last ICANN meeting, EURALO has selected a new board, now composed of Annette Mühlberg, Yrjö Lansipuro, Roberto Gaetano, Erich Schweighofer and Jean-Jacques Subrenat. It's an interesting mix of individual users and people who come from At-Large Structures.

At the recent IGF in Geneva, we had a large contingent of European At-Large Structures and also individuals that were there, and we actually conducted a brainstorming meeting during one of the evening events, where four proposals came out of this brainstorming.

The first one was to set up a webinar about GDPR practical implementation with some really excellent people, Thomas Rickert, Michele Neylon, we had Athina Fragkouli and Pierre

Bonis. And that webinar actually did take place in – I think it was January or February, and it was very well-attended. And we plan to do a follow-up after this meeting now, bearing in mind the development of this meeting.

The second proposal was to work and focus a little on this whole topic of human rights impact assessment which will be the implementation of the Human Rights Track in Work Stream 2 of the ICANN accountability. I think that's something that will take place later in the year, because we haven't got all the implementation details yet.

The third one is to put together a webinar or a study group perhaps linked to RDS, Registration Directory Services system, and the Security and Stability Review Team 2 focus on the security aspect of the RDS database, which hasn't so far apparently been looked at, and we might ask for enlisting the help of SSAC on this. This is still just a vague plan at this moment and it will be carried later on. Hopefully we'll have more details for you for next ICANN meeting.

The fourth proposal is to enhance our social media strategy with much more posts on Twitter, Facebook. We do have a Facebook page, so try and push more and do a lot more content for multimedia. So that's some of the activities that we've had in the past month. I just wanted to add one more thing. We have

certified a new At-Large Structure, ISOC Norway. In our region, we don't have that many new certifications of At-Large Structures, so it's something that we like to celebrate.

We also had quite a few individual members that have resulted from the outreach that was performed in Geneva, and of these individuals, some of them are likely to actually then come in with their At-Large Structures. So they're just dipping their toe in the pool, and then we're hoping that there'll be a lot more going on and more ALSes joining. And ALSes that have a really active part.

Finally, to close my report, I wanted to extend a word of thanks and a get well soon notice to Wale Bakare, our secretary who you might have noticed is not with us due to health reasons, and so I hope that if he is listening to us on the streaming, this is for you, Wale. I hope you get well soon. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you, Glenn. Go ahead.

OLIVIER CRÉPIN-LEBLOND: That wasn't Glenn, that was Olivier.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Glenn.

GLENN MCKNIGHT: Thank you, Alan. What is important for you all to know, I may have told you this story, but Wale was in the hospital, in the emergency ward. Instead of talking to the doctors, his dedication, he called him first.

ALAN GREENBERG: No further comments for Olivier? Do we have any other chairs or representatives of chairs who would like to speak? Eduardo, please go ahead.

EDUARDO DIAZ: Thank you. I just wanted to say that we have the North American School of Internet Governance. Some [inaudible] thing that we did here in Puerto Rico three days before the ICANN meeting. We have about 30 participants between Puerto Rico and U.S. and Canada and a series of about 16 speakers, which [inaudible] one of the sessions. So I don't know if you know Ambassador David Gross, he told us this story about how the IGF started all over. Tim Unwin from the UN talked about the dark Internet which was very interesting. We had Milton Mueller talking about cybersecurity and freedom. And [another] lawyer from Puerto Rico talking about intellectual property and other things through the Internet.

So it was a very successful meeting. We got some people from the NextGen, some Fellows, and they were more prepared. Once they started the ICANN meeting, they were very prepared about many things that other people don't have a chance to know before coming to an ICANN meeting. I'm going to let Glenn talk about some of the outreach things that we have done since last time. Thank you.

GLENN MCKNIGHT:

Yes. Good morning. The CROP program, we're down to the last two CROP trips. Digital Inclusion Program that will be in Cleveland will be next month, and the very last one will be RightsCon. We've done some serious outreach with ARIN, we've been able to secure some unaffiliated members and ALSes. The ARIN group is the RIR for North America, and we had six people at that. One was funded by CROP, but we managed to again maintain a relationship which we have a signed MoU.

In terms of outreach, Judith and [Susanna] did a post-ICANN meeting to summarize the information on what happened at the ICANN to share with the community. We also did a pre-ICANN61 event which we had 72 people at in Ottawa with Telecommunities Canada. The other outreach stuff to our community – and thanks to Eduardo, for three years, and I can assure you this is not an easy thing, three years he did every

month our NARALO newsletter to find out what people are doing, exchange information, and I think other RALOs are following suit. I've done it for the last four months, I can assure you it's really difficult to get information. But we are trying to turn the document into more of a policy document.

And one of the things I need to mention in terms of outreach, we had a table here way down at the end. I don't know if anybody saw it, the NARALO table. Almost nobody went to it. It was way down at the end. Not the greatest results. When we did the ARIN event, we had very good results with the table, but regardless, we did an outreach for our celebration. Did you want to mention about our celebration? Okay.

So we had our 11th anniversary celebration. Not 10th, we have to be different. We're in Puerto Rico. This is where – 10+. We signed our MoU here, and Eduardo was one of the signatories. Robert Guerrero is one. There was a number of individuals who were not here who were part of that signing ceremony, so we wanted to bring it back home. And so everybody got a brochure at that location. That was a minor inreach activity.

So in terms of our outreach, we have limited tools now going into the next fiscal period because of the drop of CROP, but we're hoping that the discretionary funds will be available and we do more local stuff. That's it.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Are there any very short interventions? We are very late and we have another meeting starting here on the hour at 12:00. Seeing nothing, LACRALO is busy in their own meetings right now, and we will ask Humberto to make a report electronically.

The next item on our agenda is a report from the global indigenous ambassadors, and I assume Geoffrey will be speaking to start.

GEOFFREY BLACKWEL: Thank you very much, Mr. Chairman. Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Geoffrey Blackwell. It's my honor to serve as the mentor for two wonderful global indigenous ambassadors here at ICANN61. Let me just put it simply, these ladies are rock stars. I want to take a minute and a half and I want to yield the balance of the time to them, for them to tell you about their experiences.

The program represents the best of ICANN's goals of inclusiveness and diversity and reaching out into disconnected and underserved communities. Native Public Media – and I have the honor of serving as the Chair of the board of Native Public Media, the first indigenous ALS to this body – was here for the

first generation of what has become the global indigenous ambassadorship. And we will be here through the subsequent generations of the global indigenous ambassadorship.

I want to ask you to please preserve and advance the budget for this program. I know what it means to serve on a fiduciary board when you're presented with revenue decline and having to make tough choices and ascribe values to things, and I ask you to look at your values and ascribe a high value to this priority.

Native Public Media will be here to work with you, to help you with the standards and the processes for this program, to ensure the effectiveness and the integrity of this program. So with that, in the language of my mother's people, I want to say [inaudible] Thank you, and I want to turn it over to your ICANN61 Global Indigenous Ambassadors. Ms. Healy.

CHYLOE HEALY:

Hello. I just want to thank ICANN and the At-Large community for inviting me and choosing me to be your Global Indigenous Ambassador. I'm from the Kainai First Nations in Southern Alberta that's part of the Blackfoot Confederacy, and I work for the Alberta First Nation Information Governance Center as a data analyst. So when I met Geoff, he said, "What data do you analyze?"

And the question is tricky because it's basically everything. Because we're so underrepresented in every type of dataset, and it's been collected without us, so there's misinterpretation that has historically happened on our behalf. So what we're doing now is we're taking back that sort of collection of data, and in doing that we're definitely finding there's a gap between us and our fellow Canadians that we live amongst.

So with that, I was introduced to the technical part of ICANN world with Internet networking, and just finding out what is really the DNS system and kind of the hot topics that you have to experience, because first nations communities within Canada are in survival mode. They're not forward thinking yet, or they are in their own sense, but they're not a part of the conversations historically, so carrying on to this sort of world is very new. So being a part of that and having representation here and learning that, that's the one thing that I do want to take back to my communities and spread the word of ICANN and its objectives, its mission, what it's all about.

And also to help build a relationship between first nations communities and ICANN and further that with being in a truly reciprocal relationship of how can we help you and how can you help us, and how can we understand how to continue forward on this. Thank you so much again for this opportunity. This

program was amazing, I learned so much. Again, I cannot say it enough. Thank you.

LILIAN BRUGES:

Good morning. I am Lilian Bruges, I'm from Colombia, and I am part of the Global Indigenous Ambassadors program. Specifically, I am from the Guajira coast. I am part of the Wayuu etnia, the largest in Colombia. It's located between Colombia and Venezuela. It is known as the Great [inaudible] Nation. I work at a cybersecurity firm, I also work with the community, I'm a journalist and also write local papers about cybersecurity, freedom of expression and Internet governance.

I'm a member of the global ISOC chapters on cybersecurity [inaudible] women, I'm a member of the list of policies and IT women at LACNIC. I got a fellowship two times in the School of Internet in the South, I was a Fellow to LACNIC, a member of the Chief Information Officer's Network in Colombia, and recently I joined LACRALO representing my ALS in Colombia.

I joined the program because I was very interested in learning more about ICANN and learning a lot and see how I can use this knowledge for the sake of my community, to help my community and to grow professionally and personally. Access to the Internet in our people is a great barrier to progress. But together with the national government, we have been working

hard for ten years to improve quality of life of my Wayuu people through technology. Education and technology will keep being my priority, and I'm designing a project to organize local Internet governance fora in my area because we have carried out a survey and we know people are not aware of what Internet governance is.

When I got to ICANN, I saw there were many challenges, a lot to be learned, and I think I found my place now at ALAC, LACRALO. I'm taking with me a very nice image of the people I've met, of many things I've learned, especially the wonderful ICANN staff, and especially ALAC and LACRALO. They have really made me feel welcome. Thank you. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

As people say in my language, [inaudible] I love you very much. Welcome to my heart. That's what it means. My next goal – because dreaming is free – is to become a mentor one day. And why not be part of this community? Thank you very much. And I will be looking forward to seeing you in Colombia. You will have a home in Colombia for you.

GEOFFREY BLACKWELL: I told you they were rock stars. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: Lilian would like one more moment. Go ahead.

LILIAN BRUGES: One last thing to conclude. When I come back, I think that with everything I've learned here, now that I know how hard ICANN works to preserve stability, freedom, security of the Internet, we're going to work harder so that more people get familiar with what is happening in my community to see whether we can get good results. What the government has not been able to achieve, maybe we can achieve so as to put an end to this genocide. There are 300,000 people in my people. Reproduction works quite well, but in spite of that, the people is dying. Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG: You have your hand up.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN Yes. Hi. I'm pleased to be the Chair of the Global Indigenous Ambassadors team. We've had a lot of excellent volunteers in our committee, and this year we now have representation from all of the RALOs in our Evaluation Committee. So the committee was composed in APRALO of Maureen Hilyard, Glenn McKnight, myself Judith Hellerstein, Loris Taylor, Sarah Kiden, and Dina Solveig [Jalkanen] – I can't pronounce the last name – otherwise

known as Thomas. Oh and Renata Aquino Ribeiro from LACRALO.

And although everyone did great work in helping evaluating them, I also greatly appreciate the work of Sarah Kiden who took on herself as a volunteer task to really do all the heavy lifting, and as the program grew from 30 applications when it was just North America to close to 200 applications, when it became global, Sarah did all the work in creating the shortlists.

We didn't have much time because as volunteers we're always running short and we didn't get the announcements out until late, and so without her [tireless] efforts of giving up her nights and weekends to create both the shortlists for both Abu Dhabi and for Puerto Rico as well as working on the mentors and selecting the mentors, so we have a small token of gift for her.

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. Can we have applause in parallel with presentation?
We're very short on time.

JUDITH HELLERSTEIN. [I know, we'll have to go here.]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [Respect the photographer.]

ALAN GREENBERG: We do have to vacate the room in about four minutes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: [We have a three-hour discussion on some topics.]

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: One second. And again. And again. Okay. Anybody else?

ALAN GREENBERG: Thank you. We will not take questions on the award.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Thank you so much.

ALAN GREENBERG: We had a session planned to discuss ICANN61 and how successful and well believe these meetings went and what we should do differently for ICANN62. That session is now over, and thank you all for your input. We'll take it all into account very carefully when we plan the next session. Seriously, we will be soliciting information on e-mail. We may put up a wiki site. We'll try to figure out an appropriate way of doing this. Information is really important.

This meeting, I believe, has gone a lot smoother than some of the past ones. One of the things we did is allocate a lot more time to discussions, and I don't think we had to cut off – I had to cut off – nearly as many people as I have in the past. But we had the luxury this meeting of scheduling about 18 hours of meetings instead of the normal 13 or so. And I'm not at all clear we'll be able to continue that going forward. So your input on how to manage this is really important, and I appreciate it.

With that, this meeting is almost officially over. I'd like to thank everyone in the room – and those who aren't in the room – for their participation. I'd like to thank our ICANN At-Large staff, both incoming, current and outgoing who aren't here. I'd like to thank the technical team in the back of the room for keeping everything working. Even in the absence of Adobe Connect, everything has been working properly. And those of you who have not been around ICANN very long do not remember when simply having a bit of remote participation or making the microphones work was a real challenge. And things just work so smoothly right now, so I thank you.

And last but certainly not least, our interpretation team who does an absolutely superb job. It's normally considered appropriate to wait until I finish talking until the applause, but thank you. No, we give them a hard challenge. We talk fast, we have a whole bunch of different accents which are hard to

understand, we never introduce ourselves – almost never – and they do a really good job and I really appreciate it. And now, can we have some applause for them?

And with that, I'll call the ALAC and At-Large regional leaders meeting to an end. We are not adjourning as Seun regularly points out adjourning means we're going to start again. We are not starting again this time, and thank you very much. Look forward to seeing you all online and many of you in Panama.

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: And no Any Other Business. Thank you very much.

ALAN GREENBERG: Sébastien, we haven't stopped the recording yet. I'm sorry, I didn't see that card. Would you like to ring anything up?

SÉBASTIEN BACHOLLET: I am sorry, but from this meeting I have some question and I wanted to raise with you, but I will not do it because I have no time. And I will just ask one question. When, where is the ALT meeting tomorrow? And I hope that it's open like all the ALT meetings are supposed to be. And I'll be very happy to participate tomorrow morning at this meeting. Thank you.

ALAN GREENBERG: That meeting is normally a closed meeting just because it is in a room somewhere with limited typical number of seats. I have no idea where it is at this point. And as you pointed out earlier, we will discuss this further in the ALAC and take the guidance going forward. It's a bit late to change our plans for this meeting. Thank you.

GISELLA GRUBER: Just a reminder, the ALAC dinner this evening at 7:15 at the Metropol Sheraton for all those who did the ALAC dinner, at the Sheraton at the Metropol for all those who did respond. There is no set price nor menu nor anything. You go, and like you usually do, you choose and you just pay for what you eat.

A reminder, the public forum starts at 1:30, 13:30, Ballroom A followed by the board meeting, and the closing cocktail is on the terrace from 6:00 to 7:00.

So when you finish the cocktail at 7:00, if you could just make your way over to the Metropol so that we can have a fairly early dinner, because this past week has been quite a long week I think for everyone. But it would be really nice to have some informal time together.

Thank you very much, and thank you for a fantastic hosting, Javier and Alfredo here in Puerto Rico, and Eduardo. It has been

absolutely amazing. This is my personal point of view. Give me the sea any day, give me the sunshine any day, and thank you for your hospitality.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTION]